how to measure rpm on ab control logix 5000

jalpa

Dear Sir,

We have one reactor on its shaft we have 3 bolts and we had inserted one proximity switch. Now we want to calculate RPM of that motor of reactor. How to develop logic on controllogix ladder diagram.

Jalpa Shah

In my opinion, you should use a high-speed counter (HSC) card. Standard I/O is seldom fast enough to handle pulse counting or RPM-calculation applications.

How fast is this shaft rotating ? Have you used an oscilloscope to measure how long the proximity input is high while the bolt head is passing by ?

The easiest way to measure RPM is to count for a specific period of time, then divide the counts by the time interval.

Have you attempted to write this routine yet, or are you asking for help from the very start ?