Telemecanique TWIDO

GaneshR

Do any one of you have experience in TWIDO PLC on a burner management system application or any critical application like BMS ?

I am looking of a PLC with about 20 I/Os all digital to control a burner in a gas plant. The PLC need not be a high end one with SIL cert etc, but needs to very reliable. Is TWIDO a good choice? Can anyone help ?.

I've just used TWIDO twice. I don't know if it reliable or not. But I think it is good choice for your application

I would not go with TWIDO.
There is planty of PLCs who realy easy to program in the same price.(I dont feel TWIDO is friendly to the user)
Reliable I dont know, it is new in the market.
Go with something more familiar in the market.
Gas burner need proven equipment.

the moeller easy 822dc is a good choice for a small plc easy to program and a full range of ad on for CAN PROFIBUS and several others the programing is via easy soft pro or through buttons on the front hpoe this helps

I would prefer the Momentum.It proved in the market and more friendly.

Don't forget when you come to burners the safety circuit must be by hardware(not thru the PLC)
All other opretions can go thru the PLC.

Thanks a lot. I would get the burner shut-off valve circuit hard wired. But there are process interlocks which would be through PLC.

The failure state of the Momentum I/Os can be configured , correct?

Is there anything else I need to be careful.

I have used several Twido PLC's. Do not use them any more. No online programming and absolutely LOUSY software.

Funny thing is the IDEC PLC (re-badged Twido) does have online programming and better software. Obviously Schneider have throttled the Twido so that it will not interfere with sales of the next level PLC's.

BOO!!!!!

Thanks for the feedback. I am not considering TWIDO anymore.
I am considering Momentum. I guess this is better.