Get Quickpanel+ Tags

insane22

I have a machine that uses QuickPanel+ from a 3rd party provider loaded with a runtime program in it that I can't modify.

So, I dont have the project files for the Proficy Machine Edition in the .swxcf format. From the QuickPanel+ I got some folders with bin files, text files, and some images from the application. Included in those files there is one called Tags.bin, but it isn't fully readable, just some words.

I want to access those tags with an OPC using an Ethernet cable to control a derivated process. Therefore the need of the tags.

I have an old application (made for the machine that im using) build in Labview 2012 32 bits, from which I only have the ejecutable file, it uses, I guess DataSocket function and gets connected to the opc:://localhost/View.OpcServer/<themachineip>, I tested it and it works, it does return a sensor indicator from the machine. And once again I dont have the source code diagrams. But somehow it proves that it can be done.

For the Labview application to work the old team used an installer with the description OPC Files for Proficy Machine Edition View and LD-PC, it installs the CimMEOPCAEServer.exe, the application name OPC A&E Server, from 2009, v6.0 (build 5005)

I tried to use the KEPServerEX 6, but I don't know precisely how it works, at the end it ask me for some tags.

I tried also to Upload the project from the controller to the PME software, but it returns an error. I even disabled the enchanced security in both the software and the machine.

I hope you could enlightme about how to get those tags, thank you in advance!

What is the text of the error you get when you try to extract the project file from the Quick Panel?
The original programmer has the option of only sending the runtime file to the Quick Panel and not the project recovery file. It appears that is what has been done in your case. If so, you will need to get the project file from the original programmer.

Steve, Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I dont have the contact with the original programmer.

Msg when trying to go Online

29w4k7b.png

Msg when trying to Upload from controller

348t201.png

In the left the View Demo Appliaction project variables in the PME 8.6
In the middle, the TAGS.BIN file from the View Demo Application files
In the right, the TAGS.BIN from my Quickpanel+ machine

2zi5zxy.png

You don't need to go online with the Quick Panel target in order to extract the program from it. By "go online" I mean using that menu item in Proficy Machine Edition. All you need to do is select the HMI as the current target and then do an upload operation. The HMI target you select in PME must match the model number of the Quick Panel you want to upload from.