OT: Low Temperature Flow Meter

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've got a client who needs to measure a flow rate somewhere in the range of 10-20L/s through a 100mm pipe. Ordinarily, not a big drama, but in this case the liquid in the pipe will be -50°C. I've got a few enquiries out with various suppliers but I thought I'd see if the good folk of this forum might be able to point me in the direction of a few options.

I'm thinking it might end up having to be a non-contact measurement method, or a DP sensor across an orifice plate. Open to any and all suggestions!

Electrically I just need a 4-20mA output and would prefer a 24VDC supply.

Try to contact flow meter sales engineer as he will help you to find right product for your applications.
I have used in the past a EH flow meters to measure liquid CO2 and there was no major issues with the device. The only problem we had was diameter of the pipe being to small and CO2 was freezing sometimes. I think it was a vortex flow meter but not 100% sure as it was few years ago.

Thanks, I've got a few sales engineers looking into it for me, one of which is E&H. I'm also going to try Yokogawa, Krohne and Emerson today.