Suggestion for PLC Software

Jerry321

Hi all, I am learning to configure and monitor Mitsubishi Q series PLC.

Do you have any recommend software for me to configure and monitor the PLC?

If possible please the software that is free download. so that I have some basic knowledge to configure and monitor the PLC and after that I can look for the most suitable software for the Mitsubishi PLC.

Note: I found the GX-developer was able to configure PLC but I can't find any demo version.

GX dev or GX IEC dev will work best, the newer GX works will but it will convert the program which can be messy. There is no free/demo version.

There is no free/demo version.

There was a free version (1000) words on mrplc a long time ago for GX Developer... I do know if you contact your local Mitsubishi dealer they will get you a free copy of the demo version so it may be worth a try

Im thinking the free version was also for FX only and would not work with the Q series, they still sell a FX version of GX Developer, not sure on GX Works

If it is Q series, then I would suggest GX IEC Developer, instead of GX Developer.
If it is iQ series, then I would suggest GX Works.

Thanks for replying, I will some research for GX IEC Developer and GX Developer before I purchase either one of them.

Thank you all for the suggestion.

Another question, I need learn some PLC ladder programming before I start configure the PLC. Do you guys know any user guide for PLC ladder programming?

TQ