STUDENT QUESTIONS, please post them here!

BW Taylor

Anybody with 2 cents to add, please speak up. This is, after all, the Student's thread.

OK you said it. I am a student, at a community college in Seattle taking PLC course. Thankfully the instructor is good and knows his stuff. The really neat thing about the community college I am going to is they have a fully set up electrical lab - you name it they got it. This is real world stuff and I don't have to buy it AND it is under controlled conditions so that my mistakes won't result in major dollar loss or personal injury.

As far as on line my niece said it best " I don't have the discipline to do online - I need to go to class to ensure I complete the course".

Best of luck.

Dan Bentler

Just for information, here is a real pump network. This is a pumping out system with a seperate subroutine that uses an analog level signal. I think most of it is self explanatory.

JohnW,

You presume too much. There is nothing self-explanatory about your PDF.

Many might guess at the meanings of the conditionals... but then, they are only guesses.

OK any feedback on the online course metioned earlir from George Brown College? I have had alot of hands on experience for over 10 years, with programming the last 5 years as a maintenance electrician.

I was wondering i this will give a good formal training, and if anyone out there has used this?

BoxerBrats,

You already have your 'formal' training. What I mena by this is the OJT. I believe you would be better served by looking for work in an Integrator that is willing to hire someone like you, or an OEM. You will do much better. ANd many times, they will send you to specific training courses if needed. This would be better than getting a certificate that you have paid $2k to get to show that you know what you already know.

David

I notice there are over 1300 view for this thread. Not too bad for "Student Questions".

Hello everyone !

I am using a siemens PLC 1212C AC/DC/RLY to simulate a PLC program on TIA Portal V13. Each time I come online and monitor I get 2 problem:

The first problem is that all my inputs are all in state 1, as soon as the PLC is online, and i can't change them. Only by forcing them.

The second problem is that, i want to simulate my Counter (CTD), but i don't see any change in the counting value...

Please HELP !

It is not entirely clear to me.
You have a real 1212C are monitoring that, or you have the program set up for that plc and run it in a simulator?
In the last case, for problem 1, aren't those inputs activated in the simulator? I don't know how TIA works, but in S7PLCSIM you can tick boxes to simulate inputs on/off

The second problem, we might need to see how you programmed that. on the other hand, are you sure the program is actually running?

regards, wimpie

Sounds like your in simulation... is it showing as online and running?

you would be better off making a new thread, this one was very old
i

@ wimpiesplc
Yes I am using a real 1212C PLC !
Yes the program is running but can't see how to see my counting values, i shall post my program to show you

Thanks Joe

@ cjd1965
Yes it is online and running but all my inputs are in state 1,until i forced them,and test my program in the good order.

Ive added a new thread !

Last edited: