Factory Talk Activation in XP Virtual machine?

I'm running Windows 7 professional 64bit directly on my laptop, and I've downloaded and install the WIndows XP mode virtual machine that Microsoft offers.

I can get RSLogix5000 Standard installed and then use Factory Talk for successful activation (I can see the activation listed in the current tab in FT). Yet when I start RSLogix from the Start button shortcuts, or by clicking on RSLogix5000.exe directly in the "C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\v17\Bin\", it tells me that activation has not been successful and I'm now in grace period.

I called tech support, but of course once I opened my mouth and mentioned that it is an XP VM, they kind of dropped it like a hot potato. At one point he asked me to locate some kind of SYS file located C:\, but it wasn't there.

Has as anyone gotten around this issue?

Kindly how did you solve this issue? Thank you