I have GE IC620MDR014C and GE IC620MDR014A

I have GE IC620MDR014C and GE IC620MDR014A, and both have communication faults. The PLC could notr communicate with the computer to go online. I have tried many things and does not work. Does someone have experienxe in such on how to correct the error?

What software and cable are you using? What OS are you trying to run the software under?

That's a GE Fanuc Micro PLC. It was only sold for a short period until they came out with the Series 90 Micro. Don't try to use Logicmaster software with it. It had its own software package. You could set it up to use either its own communications protocol or RTU. If you can't get it to communicate with one, maybe the PLC is configured oto use the other.

@Steve Bailey:
Just wondering if the GE Micro in this thread is the same as the Idec Micro1 and the Square D Micro 8003 series? Seems like I heard somewhere that the GE and Square D were private labeled but made by Idec.

Last edited:
I am using IC620CBL001A cable and IC641SWP020C VER. 2.42 for the software. I am running off MS DOS platform. At times it will try to communicate between PC and PLC, but the communication would not stay on. Do any one have the correct schematic for the coomunication cable for this PLC? I do not know if the problem could be from the cable or something else. Or does any have this kind of PLC running out there?

Engr. A. Udoh

Yes, that GE Fanuc MIcro is the same as the IDEC and Square D Micro from the mid-1990s.

Page A-2 of the manual GFK-0803 has this for the cable details:

PC side PLC side
9-pin Dsub 6-pin RJ11
5 1
3 2
2 3
9 6

Jumper 4 to 6 and 7 to 8 on the PC side.
There are no connections to pins 4 or 5 on the PLC side.

If the communications works some of the time it could be an intermittent connection problem in the cable. It could also be a problem in the COM port on the PC. Since it happens on two different PLCs, it is less likely the problem is in the PLC.

I would recommend you try slowDOS to slow your PC down. This will improve the comm when using a newer computer.

@Steve Bailey
Thanks!

Last edited:
This will update you to version 2.43, I had best luck with it.
Just replace the file of the same name with the one here.

GE Fanuc 620 Micro Communications

I sold these in the 90's and still use one to this day. They WILL NOT talk to any PC faster than 166MHZ (I actually had one lock up trying to talk to it with a faster PC. If you use the "slow down" software recommended by Fanuc back in the day, it may not even be effective if the CPU speed is high. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom