help converting Memory Areas to new PLC

willwatson

I'm changing our old C200H plc to a CS1G-H CPU42. I am able to convert the program with little trouble, but It will not convert the Memory areas. I get an error stating that its incompatible with the new plc. Does anyone know an easy way to convert this? I already swapped the plc's and dont really want to change them back. Almost forgot, the program was written and saved in LSS. That seems to be the big problem.
Any help would be great...Will Watson

Last edited:
I forgot, I have 2 high speed encoders, C200H-CT001, and the sales rep couldn't tell me if they were compatible with the new PLC. He said "they should work"

The C200H-CT001 modules are definitely compatible with the CS1 series of PLCs.
Conversion issues:
C200H allocated 10 words of I/O to the module starting at word 100 + 10xUnit number.
CS1 allocates the same module to word 2000 + 10xUnit Number
C200H allocated 100words of Data Memory starting at DM word 1000 + 100xUnit Number.
CS1 allocates the same module to DM word 20000 + 100xUnit Number.

AS far as your LSS conversion issues, zip all the files and post them here and we will take a look at them.

How did you convert from LSS to CX? I think you need to go by Syswin
That what I did I convert from LSS to Syswin then from Syswin to CX.
Then I relocated the I/O DM ......
It should not be problem.

Thanks guys for your help. My memory addressing was incorrect. Soon as I fixed that, everything was fine. Its good to know that there are other helpful people out there. I've only been involved in the PLC aspect of our plant for a few months and no one around here wants to talk about it. There seems to be alot of people that say "Figure it out yourself". There's even alot on this site. Hope I can help you someday...Will