Cognex on Ethernet/ip

Timeismoney08

Is the Camera considered an IO device or do I need the full scanner software to work with it? It seems there are two levels to a scanner communication. One just for IO devices and another for everything else.

Another way of putting this, is the Cognex 7000 series implicit or explicit communication?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I have a Cognex In-Sight 5000 series camera reading a barcode and sending the data string using the WriteEIPBuffer function. The camera is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am working with a Cognex 5100 camera system and a Mitsubishi Q02 series PLC. Both are connected to a common Ethernet hub and I can...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need to do a network trigger for a Cognex Camera from a S7 (CPU317) processor. This has to be done through Ethernet. I am having problems...
Replies
Views
We finally replaced our Cognex Checker with an IV-3 and I'm wondering if can replace the s/w in the monitor with anything else. I haven't been...
Replies
Views
Thank you for any and all responses/help. I have an RSLogix 5000 v20 and a Cognex In-Sight v5.9 spreadsheet (8502P). I can not figure out how to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom