GE Versamax - Find Home Error

padees

Hi All,
Got called into a fiberglass factory yesterday, had to go back today. Yep,I itch!

They have a Versamax IC200UDD164 operating a stepper motor.
Programming software is Proficy 7.0.

Anyway, it quit working a couple days ago.
They did replace the stepper drive, so that is good, and everything else works from the PLC side as well, except it won't home, which is required for a cycle to start.

The only thing I could find in the program is an error bit set on the Find Home instruction. The error is 16#0038. Pic attached.

I'm not a regular user of Proficy, so any help will be much appreciated on what this means.

I did download a fresh copy of the program and the error still remains. Also did toggle all bits on the instruction, and no help.

Clueless and itchy at the same time.

FIND HOME.jpg

You need the Versa Max Micro PLC and Nano PLC User's Manual - GFK1645L.

The link should take you to the page to download or open the manual.

Page 420 starts the list of error codes. 16#0038 is on page 421.

Page 422 shows how to clear the error. It involves %Q00489.

Chapter 19 starting on page 416 is all about motion control for this PLC.

Thanks for the link to the proper manual, and your comments.

I did toggle that bit yesterday and nothing happened. I toggled it again this morning, and the same. Then I forced it on and removed force, and that cleared it!

Not sure if I was using the correct toggle tho, but anyway, its running now.

Thanks!!!