Need an Encoder

iadapt

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am taking a long shot here, but would anyone know where I can get gently used replacement encoder matching the one in the picture?

The lead time for a new replacement is killing me.

Thanks in advance.

Encoder-1.JPG

Last edited:
this 2084 pulses per revolution encoder and may be 24 volt or 5 volt dc you can check encoder voltage and their are more brands like sick , baumer ,hiedenhien , faraba .....and so on

Apparently were using Grey Code, so I am not sure having never used Grey Code outside of school. Would this encoder send pulses like any other encoder or does it have a different count system unique to Grey Code. Would You know?

Apparently were using Grey Code, so I am not sure having never used Grey Code outside of school. Would this encoder send pulses like any other encoder or does it have a different count system unique to Grey Code. Would You know?

A grey code is an absolute encoder. It does not send pulses but an absolute number relative to 0-359 degrees of rotation. One turn goes from 0 to X where X is the resolution. Also grey code is not a binary output it only changes one bit at a time so the pulse output frequency is very low. Just google grey code and there are plenty of explanations for it.