Backhoff TwinCat 2 to Cognex 7000

Timeismoney08

All,

Does anyone have any experience setting up twincat 2 with a cognex insight camera? We plan to talk to it via a Ethernet/ip master card, but have a slight concern regarding the cards details.

It says "for simple IO devices"..I'm not sure if the camera qualifies as that and have no experience with this PLC platform.

Also, it says the twincat 2 system uses EIP via Ethercat communication.. What does that mean? What does ethercat have to do with it? Is it just talking on the backplane via Ethercat?

Similar Topics

We have a Beckhoff CP6201 PC and an EK1100 module communicating with it via EtherCAT in one of our machines. Due to problems with the PC, I want...
Replies
Views
I'm retrofitting equipment, but I didn't want to change the electrical characteristics of the panel. In this equipment I have a dedicated...
Replies
Views
I luv Siemens, and @ the moment I hate Beckhoff :-) I never worked with Beckhoff... I don't know where to start: So: I have a CX1020 on my...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to control a device via MODBUS RTU and the ModbusRtuMasterV2_PcCOM in Twincat 3. I've configured a device with the right com port and...
Replies
Views
Hi! I am trying to run the 'SimpleSample' (https://infosys.beckhoff.com/content/1033/TF5100_TC3_NC_I/Resources/3438746891/.zip ) to understand the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom