ATV320 vs ATV312 problems

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
As you know, Schneider is phasing out the 312.
We have had problems w/ the 320 following the decel ramp.
Anyone else?

Also, we have had to adjust slip compensation way down to keep the drive from sitting there confused on a direction change during the ramp.

I’ve seen you post something similar to this in the past, I can’t help on your question yet. But may I ask, are you having issues getting 312’s now?

We use a lot of 312 that we had to replace 31’s with. The 312 performed just as well as the 31’s. They were set and forget drives that were extremely well priced. Is the 320 the new “bookshelf” style drive? If so we did do a recent project with them and had no issues, but were uni-directional, except for a manual for a manual jog, with extremely fast cycle time and fairly mild cycle rate.

We had problems getting the 312s, but not now. Customer has enough money to buy in bulk.
I forget the exact date that they are phasing them out, but pretty sure it is by the end of 2018.
The 320s had the Fault problem (forgot actual code), but they finally fixed it w/ a firmware update.
They still suck though (in my opinion).
They come in a similar form factor as the 312 and in a book case type form factor.