Congrav to CLX communications

Alex1000001

Hello.

I want to access the congrav OP 16 (with connected feeders) through rslogix 5000 program (CLX with Ehternet card connected to OP16) and control the start and stop,read/write parameters, etc. Brabander manuals describe communication protocol between PLC and ISC plus cards only. I would like to control feeders through OP16. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank's, in advance.

I got this from Congrav brochure:
Ethernet interface for
remote diagnostics and set up
• Ethernet Modbus TCP to communicate
with a system wide host/PLC system.
So please get a modbus tcp board or gateway.
Prosoft and anybus can be helpful in this case.

Thank you.
I know about Prosoft Modbus TCP card for CLX, but I have no information about communication protocol between OP16 and CLX. How to control connected feeders?

Hi Alex,
I got your PM and looked up that thread from 2013.

All I ended up doing is sending the OP12 from that system a STOP message from a Micrologix 1400. The pic attached is how the stop message is set up.

I also did some tests with a Red Lion G306A HMI that worked quite well.

I know back then, Brabender was working on EtherNet/IP with a CompactLogix 1769-L16 and they sent me a sample, but I can't find it. I am sure they have expanded on that by now.

The manual I have on Modbus from them is from 2010, and its for the OP12.

I have to go to the factory this is set up at this Wednesday and actually find out why the ML1400 is not getting an input from the SLC500 running the extruder telling the ML1400 the screw stopped. When the screw stops, that's when the stop message is sent to the OP12.

They also have a new system in there that I believe has an OP15 and a L33? I'll have to see what the combination really ended up as. I know I was on a conference call with them, and the machine builder was not interested in trying to communicate with the OP15. I'm not sure what they did, but I dumped the message to stop on another ML1400 and gave it to one of our guys installing the system. I think they may have figured it out thru the CompactLogix.

MSG.jpg

Thank you for your fast reply.

As I know OP 15 has ModBus TCP interface till now. Can I have a glance at your manual for OP12? Who knows, maybe it will be useful during the test of my program? I only need the protocol content (input/output data) for ModBus TCP from manual. The manual for OP15 (I have it in my hands) doesn't contain this information. Very strange...

Thanks a lot.

Exactly what I wanted. The tables similar to ControlNet communications with older Congrav version. Going to test.

Hi Alex,
Brabender sent me the manual for the OP16, Modbus and Profibus. It's too large to post here, so if you want it, PM me your email and I will send it to you.

It appears to be about the same as the OP12.

The OP12 was recently replaced with an OP15 on this machine. The primary reason it was not receiving the STOP message is they never set the IP address and all that in the OP15. I set that and it was communicating with the ML1400.

Now there is another issue to iron out. Even tho communications is working properly between the OP15 and ML1400, the OP15 is not telling the feeders to stop. Their tech guy was out today, so that will have to wait. There are a couple of other strange issues with the OP15 that the OP12 does not have.