Mitsubishi PLC

JohnRatHolten

Hey All,

We have an older machine, built in 2001, using a Mitsubishi PLC,(MELSEC FX1N-60MR), something is not working correctly and I'm trying to figure out why.

I unfortunately do not have the software or cable needed to access this plc.
A little research shows the current software would be GX-DEVELOPER-FX, and it looks like the cabling will consist of a F2-232CAB-1 (9pin to 25 pin), a FX-232AW (232 to 422 converter), and a FX-422CABO (25 pin to small round connector).

Can anyone verify this?

I've also seen reference to a free "Demo" version that Mitsubishi once offered, but they dont anymore? Seems it was fully functional but limited to 1000 lines (my program is about 700 lines).

Does anyone have info on this or know where I can find it?

I do have a print-out of the ladder logic, and I think I have it narrowed down to about a half dozen lines of logic, I can see the real world inputs I need but have no way to see the internal bits or a timer associated with this chunk of logic.

If I cant access what I have, my next thought is to transcibe the logic into something new, and replace this old PLC. the logic looks pretty straight forward and should be easy enough to replicate, but I see one instruction that I am not sure of (I did find a list of the Instruction Set, but have not yet found this).

Can anyone tell me what a ZRST is?

Regards, JohnR

ZRST Instruction means Zone Reset , it puts to zero a consecutive list of registers.
You need a SC-09 cable to connect PLC to a RS-232 computer port. As Paully's5.0 said ask a local distributor

ok, thanks for the info on the cable, I did a search on ebay and found the SC-09 cable there, it appears to be the two cables I previously listed (the 9 pin to 25 pin, and the 25 pin to mini din), but do I need the 232 to 422 convertor that goes between them (this 3 piece setup is whats shown on documentation I found on Mitsubishi's website)

JohnR

SC09 Cable

The SC09 cable is normally supplied fully complete with rs232 9 pin to 25 pin (M) connector and smaller length cable 25 pin (F) to small round connector. This allows programming of nearly all FX plcs without anything else.

SC09 cables are cheaply available on ebay.

alright, so the SC09 is all I should need?
again, I was going by documentation that shows this 232 to 422 convertor in between....

also found this on ebay, is this the demo software?
FX Programming Software GX-DEV FX- 8.25

you can download 20day trial of GX works2 right from mitsu page (after registration)
You can open GX dev project in GX works and UI is slightly more friendly

your PLC does not have miniDin 8 pin conector on the front? If it have one, you can use FX-USB-AW adapter with just USB>USB mini cabel.

well nobody has chimed in about whether this SC09 cable also needs the 232 to 422 converter plugged in the middle, so I just ordered a cheap USB cable off ebay....

funny, I cannot find anywhere on Mitsi's website a link to download a demo of GX works2.....

well nobody has chimed in about whether this SC09 cable also needs the 232 to 422 converter plugged in the middle, so I just ordered a cheap USB cable off ebay....

SC09 cable has a built-in RS232 to 422 converter inside de left part of DB25 connector in this picture:

51uKcME-CKL._SL1100_.jpg

hello...

there is USB to miniDIN cable(FX-USB-AW basiclly USB to RS422)...and You can Download free 60 days trial GXWorks2 from mitsubishi....