Mitsubishi Q Series Modbus TCP module QJ71MT91 set up help req'd...

Pocko

Hi,

I'm having some difficulty getting our Mitsubishi Modbus TCP module (QJ71MT91) up and happily communicating to our other modbus slave devices. I can get it to work in slave mode using the default parameters, but we want to use it as a Modbus master and also with a custom configuration.

I require specific advice in regard to the set up of this module through the intelligent function module inside GX Developer. I'm pretty sure i'm coming unstuck in the set up of the Modbus to Mitsubishi conversion buffer addressing.

I have a tight time frame on this job and if possible I'd like your assistance on this matter. I'll give a brief below of our intended set up for the project and if you need me to elaborate on any of it please let me know.

For the programming of the Q series PLC we have available both GX Developer V8.03 and GX IEC Developer V7.00. We have installed the GX Configurator and downloaded the latest intelligent function module for the QJ71MT91 modbus card. The card has passed all the harware tests as per the set up manual (the manual is article number =158847), and as mentioned earlier it has been working in slave mode from tests I have done. The user manuals on the Mitsubishi gear are horrible too which doesn't help, they jump all over the place!!

The QJ71MT91 will need to be a modbus master and ideally also able to operate as a slave (the manual mentions it can be a master and a slave simultaneously but doesn't give a set up path or example for this arrangement?) and it needs to control a slave that has a very large table of modbus registers (they are also scattered across the full range of modbus addresses and not grouped tightly). We want to map the following from the modbus side to Q PLC –

SLAVE 1 DETAILS –

ITEM = MTL8000 I/O INTERFACE (INTRINSICALLY SAFE INPUT / OUTPUT INTERFACE)
IP ADDRESS = 10.1.1.201
COMMS METHOD = MODBUS TCP/IP
MODBUS ADDRESS = 1
PORT=502

.....................................MODBUS ADDRESS............DESTINATION...........PLC I/O TYPE...............Q PLC ADDRESS.......CONTROL LEVEL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODBUS COILS................000001-065536..............mapped to...............DISCRETE OUTPUT........Yxxxxx......................Read/Write
MODBUS CONTACTS........100001-165536...............mapped to...............DISCRETE INPUTS.........Xxxxxx......................Read
MODBUS INPUTS..............300001-365536...............mapped to...............ANALOG INPUTS...........Dxxxxx......................Read
MODBUS HOLDING...........400001-465536...............mapped to...............ANALOG INPUTS...........Dxxxxx......................Read/Write
MODBUS INPUTS..............300001-365536...............mapped to...............ANALOG INPUTS...........Dxxxxx......................Read/Write

SLAVE 2 DETAILS –

ITEM = WONDERWARE INTOUCH v9.5 SCADA SOFTWARE
IP ADDRESS = 10.1.1.150
COMMS METHOD = MODBUS TCP/IP
MODBUS ADDRESS = 1
PORT=502

.....................................MODBUS ADDRESS............DESTINATION...........PLC I/O TYPE...............Q PLC ADDRESS.......CONTROL LEVEL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODBUS COILS................000001-065536..............mapped to...............DISCRETE OUTPUT........Yxxxxx......................Read/Write
MODBUS CONTACTS........100001-165536...............mapped to...............DISCRETE INPUTS.........Xxxxxx......................Read
MODBUS INPUTS..............300001-365536...............mapped to...............ANALOG INPUTS...........Dxxxxx......................Read
MODBUS HOLDING...........400001-465536...............mapped to...............ANALOG INPUTS...........Dxxxxx......................Read/Write
MODBUS INPUTS..............300001-365536...............mapped to...............ANALOG INPUTS...........Dxxxxx......................Read/Write

If you have any example projects, intelligent function set up text files, or further info in regard to the set up and use it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time, Regards – Chris