FB programming simulator

100 MOhm

I am looking for a programm/software with a plc simulator. We just installed a new machine for a customer and because all programming is done as Function Blocks (we are from Germany), the maintenance people are looking for a possibility to learn the programming. We are using the Concept 2.2. Now I am wondering if somebody knows a good and "easy" programm to learn programming with Function Blocks. By the way, I think they need to learn programming anyways :unsure: Thank you very much

If your looking to have your customer learn programing of the PLCs you installed in their facility, I would suggest setting them up with the actual programming sofware as a smaller version of the same make/model PLC. This will cut the learning curve short since they will be learing on the same equipment that they will be programming in the real world.

Just my opinion...
Mike

The Moeller XSoft product has a very complete simulation mode. It is based on CodeSys which should be much more popular in Germany than here in the states. I'm not sure if all of the CodeSys products contain the simulation feature or just the Moeller.

Thanks for your answers. As I set him up with the plc software running on the machine, I determined that there´s a long way to go, till he even understands the entire thing :confused: . Did someone ever get the plcs.net training dvd´s from here. Is it a way to bring him a little closed to what´s going on in/with a plc ?