comprare controllogix offline and online project

wilsonzhu

When open offline project on rs5000, if go to online with the controllogix, there is no prompt windows to say if you need to download or upload, does it mean the offline project is same as project on the plc. if so, does we need to compare two projects to make sure there is no difference. Does this rule apply to SLC500?
Thanks.

If you open the file on your PC while offline and try to go online you either get connected (online) which means that both files (PC and PLC) are the same or you will get prompted to do an upload,download if the files don't match.

RS5000 is very forgiving when you don't have on offline file that exactly matches the online. There has to be some major differences before it will pop-up and ask you to upload/download. Sometimes when going online you will see "Applying Changes". I think that is the message. Once you are online, you have an exact match with exception of the tag values and controlnet scheduling. Once you select save and upload tag values you have everything.

If you want to know if there is a difference, go online and save file as different name, go offline and use compare utility.

Rule does not apply to SLC500 or PLC5.

Thank you bkottaras, another question: in Contrologix, I can not force an digital output to true or false. is it possible? Otherwise I have to online edit to change the logic to chang the output.

Right click output tag, force on.

Enable I/O Forces:

forces.GIF

You can force when you are in the "controller tags view" or whatever it is called, much easier all tags in one place (for me anyways) though it can be done from the ladder screens as well.. You have to enable forcing though before you can force anything.

Go to "Controller tags" select the "Monitor Tags" tab at the bottom. Go down/up to your Local X:O, where X=slot of output card in this case.
Expand that and select Local X:O.Data.5, where Data.5 is the modules output point 5.
Select Force ON or Force OFF for this point.
You have to enable the Forccing though.
Up on top where it says "Offline" No Forces" etc click on the "No Forces" tab and select "I/O Forcing" then "Enable all Forces"

I hope this is clear.

Last edited:
Analog stuff, pretty much the same though,you'll have to find the Channel and punch in the numbers yourself.
The analog outputs will react by varying accordingly.

gmferg said:
Enter value in "Force Mask" column.
There you go.
Keep in mind that values must correspond to the card setup.
If you have set up the cards for "Engineering Units" 0-10000 is an acceptable value.