Comm issue between Micrologix 1200 and PanelView 600

edwinmart

- PanelView 600 2711-T6C16L1
- Micrologx 1200 Bul 1762 Series C (1 Com Port)
- 1761-CBL-PM02 Serie C (Cable)

I can connect to the PLC using the cable. And I can connect to the PanelView using a RS232 Cable. Even selecting the same RSLogix DF1 connection on the PC.

The Network Configuration is:
Micrologix
Node 1, DF1 Full Duplex terminal

PanelView
On the Panelview I did the communication setup creating the Node of the Micrologix, using the name of the PLC in this case "2421RTA" and node address 1, on node type I selected "MicroLogix"
Node: 2, and is a DF1 terminal.
Baud Rate: 19200
Use Networking: Selected
Parity/Stop Bits: None/1
Error Detect: CRC
Handshake: Off

But I always get the message on the PanelView: that the "Panelview Offline".

I dont know what I am missing.

Edwin

Is the cable you mentioned the one you used to between the 1200 and the PV? If so that is the wrong cable, you need the 2711-NC21 cable for comms. between the 1200 and PV.

you can use the 1761 CBLPM02 with a null connector. Few months back I had the same problem. I used 1761CBLPM02 with a home made null connector. I used two 9 pin plugs and inter-connect pins. I had to cross 2 pins. I am trying to dig out the pin out for it.

thanks for the help

Thanks guys for your answers. Im gonna try to get that cable. I am outside of the US for that reason sometimes is easier for my to build my own cables using the pin out, so Ranjith if you have it I will really appreciated.