Numeric input through FTV parameter file

JohnJPhillips

Hi guys,

I'm replacing an 18 hour time button with a user input, meaning our operators can just input the amount of time they want to mill a raw material.

These Mills all share a display with the graphics customized by a parameter file. I made the new timer tags and added them to the parameter files, but the user input will not go from FTV to the plc.

If I monitor tags in the plc and change the value, they do show up on the HMI.

Any thoughts?

Is the tag set for external access READ/WRITE in the PLC? or just Read?
Are you going through the tag database?
Are you using the hideous direct referencing on the display?
What is the EXACT address of the tag in the parameter file?
What is the EXACT connection text in the numeric input control?

It looks like the problem is that it's only configured as a numeric display. The graphic I copied it from brings up the little input entry on screen keyboard then displays the entered number afterwards. I can't find the connections so when the keypad pops up it's not sending the value to the plc.