Triconex work station

alijuda

Hi Friends
Please I needs help with Triconex work station -Tristation 1131 , I read manual thy didn't mention for uploading project from Triconex controller to PC , is that possible with Tristation 1131 ?
I have Triconex work station I must re-commission this sytem and made updates if required , I works before with Yokogawa & Delta V DCS , is the Triconex same technology
Any Help will be highly appropriated

Best Regards
Ali:geek:

From my experience its only one way .. download. You might want to call Triconex and see if they can back door a solution... but its going to cost.

Yes I've installed a programmed several Tricon systems. I've had the same complaint about not being able to upload a program from the PLC. Hopefully you have a copy of the program that you can modify and you should be able to do a download.

Thanks cornbread for reply , I will work on the Engineering station of this project its should have copy of final logic revision
Thanks a lot for your reply and interested

I concur with Cornbread about not being able to upload from a controller being a pain. As far as I know, unless you have a copy of the running program, you cannot connect to the controller at all. Even if you have a copy, if it is not the exact same version as what is running, you option to view the currently program is limited to changing the state of the project to Download All, which requires halting the controller and downloading what is in TriStation, which will render the process irreversibly changed. As Triconex is typically used for mission-critical applications, this is not something to be approached lightly. There is no demo available; you will need to contact the Triconex distribution channel, which is only done by Schneider Electric directly. Your best bet may be to talk to whoever commissioned the machine and see if they will let you look at their copy. We use Triconex controllers for all of our primary applications, and only the responsible engineer for each has a copy of TriStation and the running logic.

You may want to contact the local Schneider Electric sales office and see if you can get a disc to use for training.

Last edited: