RSview, path too long

learner

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi there,

I'm trying to install the rsview demo edition , I think version 6.3" . it says "path is too long". I saw the previous posting regarding this problem but I don't know to what I should modify my TEMP, or TMP values to. I have my TEMP folder on drive C:. Can you give me a detailed answer regarding this problem. I need to do some practice with RSVIEW on weekend.

Regards
:confused:
Learner

Hello Learner

Not sure on the Temp...

But when I got this error I had to go into

control panel/system properties/ environment variables/ path

and remove some of the string... there were many that were duplicated after every install, this was on Win2000, I have never had the issue with XP

Be careful... you can screw up your PC, copy the string before you edit it

EDIT: The TEMP is the variable in the environment, just never read the name before :)

Last edited:
Be careful with editing tis string. I also had this same issue and edited the string. After editing the string, I had other programs quit working.

Such as RSView Studio, RSLinx(only certain drivers).

I ended up doing a system restore to correct my issues, because I didn't copy the string to begin with. RSVIEW 32 did install, but when I did the system restore, I lost RSV32.

Go into this variable and copy it to a text file. Leave it clear and reboot. Then run the install and RSView 32 will install fine. Before restarting, copy the contents of the text file back onto the end of that current path string. This will restore other program's settings and then reboot.

David