AB 1752-L24BBBE SmartGuard 600 Safety PLC IP Addressing

Biscuit

I have a process that we are installing an AB SmartGuard 600 Safety PLC on. I am trying to give the Safety PLC its IP address and I cannot get it to take the configuration. Every time that I try to apply the change I get a fault telling me that the possible causes of failure are loss of power, loss of communications, the PLC is busy, etc. I have checked all of these but I cannot find any issues. I have put the controller in program, the safety PLC in idle mode. I have tried to configure the address from the AB BOOTP utility and nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had this issue or know what it is that I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

Nothing scrolls when I press the IP button. I have tried to change the IP settings therought the RS Linx tree and I have tried to give the Safety PLC an IP address via Rockwell software's BOOTP utility. When I have the BOOTP server running the MAC address for the safety PLC shows the IP address in the relation window, but I cannot ping it or get the settings from it in the RS Linx tree. One more thing, when I try to configure the pLC from Linx it says that it cannot retrieve the PLC's setting and will load default values.

If you press and hold IP button it should scroll eigher MAC address or IP address.

What IP address you set it for and what is subnet mask set in BOOTP server - SG600E does not support CIDR so mask must match IP class

also you must have RSlinx 2.56 or higher to use SG600E

If this is not a case then I recommend you to call technical support - this is not the case that can be resolved in public forum.