WinCC/WinCC Flex I/O information

barryoc

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I am looking for help on displaying i/o information on a faceplate. If for example i click on a pump or valve i would like a section of the faceplate or another tab of the faceplate to give me further information like
1: Output address
2: Feebback address
3: Interlock Bit
4: Panel ID for contactor or solenoid.

Is this a case for a sql database and have WinCC retrieve this information? If anyone has any guidelines they would be greatly appreciated. I searched the net but could not find anything specific to this task.

Regards,
Barry

I guess you could do this with text list? Each pump or valve would correspond with a number, and that number would show the appropriate text from the list or lists.

I think that would depend on the screen you use. Not sure if they would count though. You only need one list for each of the four values, with 5-10k entries in each. (I think that is possible)

It would be a hell of a job though :)

I've been trying to find a way to do this around the net since I start learning WinCC, which is approximately 1 month ago.. Will be very happy to find an answer here..

Boneless

What about a large installation with 5-10k tags? Would this be to much for flex?

I think flex maxes out at 4096 tags, so yes, it would be too much.

You would need the full SCADA version of WinCC for a system that large.

This is for a small scada system. In a factory where i worked i have seen this done in WinCC V6. I'm fairly sure they populated the information from a text file or database, but this had thousands of tags (complete factory) The system i will be doing will have possibly 1k tags. I just thought it might be easier to do it outside of WinCC or flexible and read the information in.

Thanks for the replies folks.