Help...PV Firmware problem

tjoneill

Hi all,
I have a big problem....I tried to update firmware on a PV 1000 from 3.13 to 4.43 and after it did its thing, it said the firmware is uncompatable with the hardware and now all I get is a Error on bootup screen.
I know I chosen the right file to transfer but still didnt work.
Does anyone know where I can find the Panelview firmware 3.13 file at Rockwell?
Also...thier is only 1 file to transfer on the transfer utility program so I cant chose a later firmware version.
Thank again

You'll need to specify the exact part number in order to select the correct firmware file. There are different firmware files for each hardware variation, and there are different firmware files for Flash card downloads versus network or serial port download.

Individual firmware files are not downloadable; you always get them along with PanelBuilder32 on the CD.

If you have a PanelView terminal with an EtherNet/IP, Profibus DP, ControlNet, or DeviceNet daughtercard you might need to download the daughtercard firmware separately.

Hi Ken,
The part # is 2711-T10G8 with DH+ and RS 232 and used the 232 for downloading. The file I downloaded was fron the terminal file in the download utility,broke it down till the file 2711-*10G* cam up,open that and selected for download.
Tim

ps...it sounds like I might have to find an older version of PanelBuilder 32 for FRN 3.13

Last edited:
Well, that looks like the right folder:

C:\Program Files\Allen-Bradley\PVFirmware\PV_Terminal_FW\FW_Direct\2711-x10gx

The firmware file should be G10TDHP.EXE

That file is a self-extractor that the firmware tool runs to get the .FMW file then download that.

I've never seen a PanelView Standard terminal where you loaded the correct terminal firmware but the terminal firmware thought it was incompatible with the terminal hardware or the daughtercard.

Has this terminal been modified or repaired ? Did you upgrade the firmware to get new features, or because something was malfunctioning ?

I wanted the Security screen feature for a new history screen.
I dont believe the hardware has been modified but not sure.

What is the exact error code that appears when the terminal boots ?

I'm trying to find release notes that show what version of PanelBuilder32 included the 3.13 firmware for the 2711-T10G8, too.

I don't think that downgrading is the solution, but at this point it can't hurt.

On the Autotest screen during boot, it says...

error error error

I would have thought that the download would have taken more that 30sec.?
After download,it says to restart the panelview..than the utility says the firmware is uncompatable with the hardware.

Ken,
Just to let you know...I was using the wrong cord,lol,I needed a AB RS232 cord w/ null modum adapter.
Thanks for the help.
Tim