Connect to Siemens via Ethernet

mjp123gp

I'm trying to setup our Siemens PLC's so I can access them remotely via Ethernet but can't quite figure it out. I've got my PG setup and can see all the devices on the Accessible Nodes list. My issue is that I only see the Ethernet module in the rack. I can't get to the processor. See attached pic.

My setup chassis has a CPU 315-2 DP and the Ethernet module is a CP 343-1 IT on the opposite end of the chassis. How do I route through that Ethernet module to get to the CPU?

Nodes.JPG

Have you tried just going online with the offline project?
If you can see the CP as accessible node, then you should be able to go online. The function selects the correct TSAP (rack/slot combination) to access the CPU instead of the CP.

No I hadn't tried that. Just tried an it worked. How would I upload the program if I don't have the offline copy? When I look at block in the accessible node list nothing shows up.
Thanks!

You create a new empty project.
Then from Simatic manager menu "PLC" select "Upload station to PG".
Enter the IP address you've got from accessible nodes result, and set rack=0 and slot=2. The CPU in a S7-300 rack has always rack/slot 0/2, where in a S7-400 the CPU can be located in a different position.

When you click OK the complete project including station configuration and program should be uploaded into your empty project.