Connected Components Validation Error

RBergmann

Hey, Guys ...

I'm working on my first PV800, Connected Components, HMI project. After validation I get one error and about a gazillion warnings.

I'm not concerned with the warnings at this time, but cannot figure out how to locate the error. I get a screen name and object identification, but cannot find the number on the screen. Is there a method to search for the object name/number? Or have the identification overlay the objects?

although i have not used CCW for some years and the version i had was early its the worst ****ing software i have used in the modern era.

can you use FTV Studio Me to config your PV800 ?

Don't the errors populate the same list along with the warnings? It should be maybe on the bottom and it should show a description and location

Don't the errors populate the same list along with the warnings? It should be maybe on the bottom and it should show a description and location
You're correct. It gives me the screen and object identification. However there is no way to find the object having that identification. Being that I created all the screens (25+) for this project, I was able to find the object in a stacked object 'group' (I haven't found a way to properly group objects). Someone troubleshooting my design would have a lot of problems finding the error.

I agree with EICS when saying this is awful software.

Isn't the PV800 limited to 25 screens?
Oh wow, I just read in a release note that the new firmware version supports 50 screens and 400 tags??
When I used it last year I swear it only supported 200 tags and 25 screens...

Last edited: