RS Logix Studio Emulate with Safety Tasks

Mattc82

Hi,

Short question....Is it possible to emulate a safety program that has an L72S and L72SP?

I try and download this to an emulate program but get errors so it does not appear it is possible to run this program with the safety task in it.

Would it be possible somehow to re-build the program without safety tasks and then load this into Emulate?

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Unfortunately no, RSLogix 5000 Emulate does not support GuardLogix controllers...

534470 - RSLogix5000 Emulate can not be used for GuardLogix controllers
Access Level: TechConnect

You can manually remove the Safety Task(s) and Safety I/O modules, etc. from the GuardLogix 1756-L72S project and then add a ControlLogix 1756-L72 into RSLogix 5000 Emulate and see how you fair.

Or, you could change the controller in the GuardLogix 1756-L72S project to a ControlLogix 1756-L72 and let it "convert" the project automatically. Just be aware that you may still have to manually clean up certain aspects of the project after the conversion.

Note: Newer versions of the software are now called Studio 5000 Logix Emulate.

Regards,
George

Last edited:
Thanks, right now the safety task is locked so I must track down the key for that first. When I get it un-locked I'll give this a shot. Thanks