1769-OA8 - Outputs #5 and #6 will not go high externally.

Cydog

Good Evening ,

A co-worker has an issue with 2 outputs on a 1769-OA8 . The external power is applied to the terminals . He says that the 2 outputs are true in the program.

This 1769-OA8 is the last card in the , so called "rack" , since the 1769 series is ribbon cables , I guess . He changed out the output card and still the 2 outputs still will not externally energize . Could it possibly be the card before it ?
I'm not sure what that card is .

Have you folks seen this before ?

Thanks so much ,

First thing I would do is do a cross reference to make sure nothing else is controlling the coil that is assigned to these outputs. Even if it looks like it is energized, if something is stepping on its toes, so to speak, it could be immediately being called to de-energize by another piece of code.

Second, I would also make sure the module isn't "inhibited" by double clicking it in your tree, and going to the "Connection" tab in the pop up and making sure the "inhibit module" box is not checked.

If you have verified that you have no conflict in the code and in the module settings, I would suggest taking a look at the other channels in your card. If they're operating correctly, then it isn't a card-wide issue, just these mystery outputs.

And this may sound dumb, but just to verify you have AC voltage on the terminals (120/240), not DC right?