plc5 oil pit alarm logic

tjoneill

Hi again all..
I am having a little bit of a problem creating an alarm for a oil pit spill. I think im making it out to be harder that what it really is.
Here is what i have:
float contact=I:1/14
alarm reset PV pb=B3:0/11
alarm=n7:152/11
timer= T4:4
The float rises, and the contacts are made..alarm is on.
Hit reset,and the alarm shuts off for 20min then comes back on every 20 min until I:1/14 dropes out.
I must have brain lock,I should be able to creat the logic but keep finding flaws in it.
Thanks again

Not exactly how I'd do it, but it should work...
Code:
|  float      tt                 alarm
|---] [---+---]/[-----------------(  )
|         |
|  alarm  |
|---] [---+
|
|  alarm     reset               timer
|---] [-------] [---+-------------(  )
|                   |
|   tt              |
|---] [-------------+
The "TT" bit is the timer's "Timer Timing" bit (T4:4/TT). I included the ALARM contact in the timer's rung so no one can 'anticipate' the alarm and start the 'silence' timer... ;)

🍻

-Eric