Redlion G303 Slave -> Master -> Slave Modbus Issue

Marc_U

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, I hope that some-one can help me wisth this problem.

The situation is that I have a GE Fanuc 90-30 PLC linked to two Redlion G303 HMIs, via a RTU modbus, which controls to two Hydro-electric turbines.

They are set up with the PLC and one of the G303 HMIs are set as slaves, and the remaining G303 HMI is the Master.

The G303 Master <-> PLC communication is fine, and for the most part the G303 Slave <-> PLC (via G303 Master) communication is OK.

However, if the G303 Slave is powered down & up, or its program is updated, when go to any of the screens to modify register values in the PLC, all of the registers that the G303 Slave has access to are reset back to zero, which is a big problem.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Things have finally progressed, so that I am now commissioning the site.

But something has gone strange, and I am now unable to read from the slave HMI to either the master HMI, or use gateway block (in Master HMI) to transfer the data from the slave HMI to the slave PLC.

This was working at the panel test last year, but not now????

HELP!!!! This is a serious problem, as we are in the middle of commissioning, and need this facility.

Can anyone help????

Just a update for every-one.

With many thanks to DanYost, who spotted in the programs, that the Master HMI was asking for information in addresses that didn't exist in the slave HMI.

Result: The comms was all fouled up.

Thanks again.