master slave configuration

rameshgurav31

Dear Sir,

If my master PLC (say PLC1) is receiving data from slave devices, them can I use other PLC to work as a master (say PLC2) and take all data from PLC1.

If yes, what is features required for both PLC.

Pls confirm whether we can use the two different com port of the same PLC to configure them as master and slave, so that PLC can take data from slave devices from master port and send data to other master PLC from slave port.

Comm port say RS485 and protocol is modbus

Regards,
Ramesh Gurav

As long as the port can be configured as a slave, then you should be able to do it.

The real question is why you would want to. You already have the existing master reading data from the slave. It seems to me it would be less work to add logic to the existing master's communications routine to have it write its data to the slave.