Errors i Modicon TSX P57 202

cares_nayk

Hi All,
We Have A Tsx P57 202 Modicon Premium Connected To A Pc Which Runs Intellution Fix 6.1. The Tsx P57 Shows A Flashing 'err' Illumination. On Checking I Found The 3v Battery On A Attached Tsx Scp 111 Ram On The Pcmcia Slot Discharged And Replaced It. However, The Error Continues. The Fix Reports Digital Communication Failure And The Pcmcia Slot ( Tsx Scp 111) Also Indicates A Flashing Err Light And The Com Light Does Not Glow.
I Suspect That The Sram Had Some Configuartion Data Similar To The Bios Of A Pc And Has Been Lost And Needs To Be Reset Post Replacement Of Battery. Could This Happen ? How Do I Figure Out The Original Configuration ?
We Were Operating Through The Fix Program And Have No Prior Experience Of Plcs - If Anyone Could Help Us Out With This Would Be Nice. Thanks All.

Dear Philipw,
Thanks for the response - but is there any way I can confirm the same - have downloaded PL7 Junior software - can I somehow see- what the error is about ???
The SRAM's battery I mentioned as discharged - its replacement method does not warn about possible data loss - is that a possibility ??? I presume the battery wld have to be changed once evry 3 years or so - I hope a change of battery would not mandate loss of data everytime ..
Can I check the Modicon TSX independently anyway??Thanks again

Pl7

Hi cares
I wonder if you have PL7 programming software or not.
Normal when you are going to replace the memory card battery you should first connect to the PLC and upload data (not program) from the PLC to a file on your PC.after chenging the battery you should reload this file again to the PLC.
the PLC program is independant on the Memory card battery.
ther is another battery for the program so i don't think that you have lost the program.
if you have the programming software PL7 open it and try to connect to the PLC.(just press connect) if your PLC doesn't contain a vaild application the software will in form you.
if your PLC already have a program you can upload it.go to the hard ware configuration in the project window(normal to the left of the screen) open the configuration and you should found the diagnosis of the error appeared on the red error led.
Best regards

Dear Hesham Farid,
Thanks for the rpely shall try it out and get back to you . The PCMCIA RAM battery was dead and we had to replace it - so there was no question of backing up the data as you have recommedned. In the meantime can you confirm the following - I am new with PLCs
Does the PCMCIA RAM card contain any data whose loss can cause the PLC failure ? If Not, why does it have a battery backup ??
If yes , how does one go about geting that data now ?? I have no backups !!
THe other battery you have mentioned is healthy and fine . ALso, does a PLC need a proprietary application in addition to the OS ? The equipment provider had left behind CDs containing TSX Micro Premium OS's but no application CD as such. Is it possible for the PLC to be directly controlled by the FIX software on an external PC or does it necessarily need to have an application program in addition to the OS on the PLC itself ? I am sorry if the questions are trivial - admit to no prior experience.
and many thanks for all the help ..
Warm Regards,
CARES

Help, if you can

Hi,all. I need help! There is a trouble.Look "TCP connection open error. IP adress 192.168.37.5". It is "adress" of Modicon TSX processor.And this "Network failure". what i must do? May be something wrong with RJ45 cables? How do you think what's happened?
P.S i work on factory with "Metso's" mechanical equipment. And electrical equipment from "Eurotech"