1734-AENT Module

agdacanay77

A machine with that module has a fault with following error:
1.module status - blinking red
2.network status - solid red

Fault code was [code 16#0204 ] connection request error request time out.
That module is in ethernet network.

How to fix this fault!

Thank you

Allan

Module status blinking red - Recoverable fault has occurred

Network status solid red - No link. The module is not physically connected to a powered EtherNet Device

If module work properly and fault occur - check cable

Thanks for the reply.

I check cable and tried to change ethernet cable from N-Tron Switch to that 1734 AENT Module it was the same fault occur. The module was working before and when the machine is in long time idle this fault occur on that module.

Thanks.

The Network Status LED being solid red indicates a major problem with the IP address configuration.

The most common reason for the Network Status LED to be solid red is an IP address conflict. Has another device been added to the network recently, like a laptop ?

What is the IP address you have configured for this 1734-AENT adapter in RSLogix 5000 ?

What is the number on the address switches on the module itself ?

I recently saw this combination of LEDs on a 1734-AENT which had been given an incompatible IP address and Default Gateway (they were on different Subnets, according to the Subnet Mask).

You can reset the 1734-AENT by setting the address switches to "888" and cycling power, then you can use the BOOTP/DHCP Utility to set the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway properly. All of these steps are described in the 1734-AENT User Manual and in the "Ethernet Modules in RSLogix 5000 Control Systems" user manual, Publication ENET-UM001.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the reply.
I'll tried that tommorrow morning on the site. The IP Address of 1734-AENT adapter was 192.168.2.79 and the number is 999 on the address switches on the module.

To sthompsom,

thank you for the link you provided.

Thanks all your information.

Hi Ken,

First of all thank you very much for the information you have given.

There is one laptop connected to our ethernet system that is using with the same IP address with that adapter..

Follow instruction that you have given its perfectly works.

Thanks for this site.