Panel View Alarm

dcam

Lifetime Supporting Member
I recently upgraded a SLC5/03 to a 5/05 for networking purposes. Everything is working perfectly except i cannot get rid of this reoccurring message. Went through comm config on processor and panel.....cant figure out why this alarm is happening. The panel view V5.1 was changed out when i upgraded processor to another PVP v5.1.

DF1:Driver failed to autoconfig COM1: and therefore will not start. Please verify cab*

Maybe test it with the new PLC and the old HMI and see if you get the error then?

So a lot more information would be needed to figure out why you are getting the alarm. What is the error message you are getting? Is the PV connected via DF1 to the SLC? If so, that's where I'd start.

dcam said:
I recently upgraded a SLC5/03 to a 5/05 for networking purposes. Everything is working perfectly except i cannot get rid of this reoccurring message. Went through comm config on processor and panel.....cant figure out why this alarm is happening. The panel view V5.1 was changed out when i upgraded processor to another PVP v5.1.

DF1: Driver failed to autoconfig COM1: and therefore will not start. Please verify cab*

I am assuming here that when you changed from an SLC 5/03 to an SLC 5/05, you also changed to Ethernet communications between the SLC and the changed PanelView terminal? And that the original communications was using DF1 Serial protocol?

If so, then it's most likely that the PanelView application still has a DF1 driver configured under RSLinx Enterprise which is now doing nothing (except giving you headaches).

In FactoryTalk View Studio, go to RSLinx Enterprise>Communications Setup> Runtime (Target) tab. See if there is a DF1P2P, Serial-DF1 driver and, if you are not using DF1 with the PanelView anymore, do one of two things -

Right-click the DF1 driver and go to Properties
Uncheck Use Auto-configuration

OR

Delete the DF1P2P, Serial-DF1 driver

Recreate the 5.1 application and reload it to the PanelView terminal and make sure when starting up you choose to replace the communications on the terminal with the settings in the application.

41928 - DF1: Driver failed to auto configure Com1: and therefore will not start
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George

Last edited:
Geo spark, thank you for helping me out. Still newish to panel view. Disabled and gone.