Communicate Citect 2016 with Siemens S7 1500 with S7TCP driver

Thanks, sigmadelta. Yes, I have that driver already, but what I need is what should I have to set up in Citect to get the communication with the S7 1500 PLC using this driver
Regards EP

Hi sigmadelta. I am getting #BAD when I try to read a REAL value from DB20 in S7 1500 PLC. What is the meaning of "<symbolic name>" for address format?. Do you have a real example of Citect configuration , so I ccould follow it?

<symbolic name> is the symbol name of the DB and DB item. I don't have an example, and I haven't used this specific driver, but try this...

Example:

If your symbol name for DB20 is "MyData" and the REAL data item is called "MyValue", try using MyData.MyValue for the address of the tag, or "MyData".MyValue, or "MyData"."MyValue" as the address of your tag.

Hi Eduardo,

Are you able to configure it successfully.

I am getting #BAD on all the tags. I have used the S7TCP_CHM.pdf to configure it but no success. Here are the screenshots for communication and tag configuration. I can ping the PLC from that PC.

Could you please help me fixing this issue

Thank you.

Capture.PNG Capture_1.PNG Capture_2.PNG

Hi ZamcuD, which Citect versión are you using?. Which S7 PLC are you trying to connect to Citect?.
Regards
Hi Eduardo,

Citect Version is Vijeo Citect 7.40 SP2. And S7 PLC is CPU 1517F-3 PN/DP (6ES7 517-3FP00-0AB0) firmware 2.5

At this point I am not using any middle ware like, Proscada or Simatic Net.

Thank you.

1.09.06.000 - 05/04/2017
Fixed in this version:
Comment:
Fixed the driver help to specify the driver need Citect SCADA v7.50 or later.

May be y
our 7.40 does not support S7TCP driver

Has this been working before, or is it the first time for you with Citect and S7-1500 ?
If this the first time, then I can imagine a few things that you must be aware of.

I doubt that Citect can read S7-1500 addresses symbolically (I might be wrong).
If I am correct, then you must setup each tag with absolute address access.
And, the accessed variables in S7-1500 must be set to non-optimized.
And, PUT/GET access must be enabled on the S7-1500 - default is not enabled.

When setting up the connection, it is basically the same as for S7-300, except that the rack/slot which was always 0/2 in S7-300 is always 0/1 in S7-1500.

If the S7-1500 has enabled PUT/GET, and the tags are accessed with absolute addresses, then it is exactly as for an S7-300 - except for the rack/slot.
So even legacy software that knows nothing about S7-1500 should work as long as it did work with S7-300.

edit: I studied the help pages, and it seems that for S7-1500 the only thing you must specify is the IP address. So the rack/slot is probably implied for S7-1500.
Any help pages for the setup of the tags ?

Last edited:
I doubt that Citect can read S7-1500 addresses symbolically (I might be wrong).
The whole point of the S7TCP driver is to read/write addresses symbolically. I managed to get the older PSDIRECT driver working with the S7-1500 using PLCSIM Advanced V2.0 SP1 (originally it worked with S7-300), and in this case I had to set to non-optimized using absolute addresses.

1.09.06.000 - 05/04/2017
Fixed in this version:
Comment:
Fixed the driver help to specify the driver need Citect SCADA v7.50 or later.

May be y
our 7.40 does not support S7TCP driver

Yes. S&TCP driver was not included in the setup file when I installed Citect 7.40 or Citect 7.40 SP2. I had to download it from their website. I did not find version 1.09.006. I was able to download 1.09.003 and 1.10.000 but 1.10.000 was not supported by the Citect 7.40. So I installed release 1.09.003

Thank you.