Automation direct Zip Link

talldude42

Has anyone had experience with the Automation Direct Zip Link products? Are they durable, how are they holding up over time, that kind of stuff?

Looking to cut down on the amount of input cards. If you go over 16 point card you need to use their zip link set up. Running DC inputs so the looking at the sensor input module.

I know the feelings on Automation Direct stuff can be mixed but just looking to hear your thoughts. Thanks everyone!

I put quite a few in years ago, and they're still holding up in a battery manufacturing plant.

overall, I'd say at least 15 of the panels there had zip links

If anything, they are a bit too durable. Personally, I would prefer if they were a bit more flexible, but they hold up just fine.

I use the Zip link terminal boards on all of my IO modules that support them, saves me having to add field wiring terminals.

What PLC? I used the ZIP Link's on DL05's and DL06's, I have not used them with any other ones, I do notice that they carry them for the Click's now so I will be looking at that with my next Click project

I dont think you can go wrong with either way... if I were doing the project I would look at the cabinet layout and total price vs labor to land the I/O, I would also consider the end look of the cabinet, using the ZIP Links for me made it 'look' a lot cleaner in the end so because my project was a wall mounted and was not in a enclosure I wanted the end look to be clean.

For troubleshooting, it made it a lot easier because the breakout board was easier to find the point, they also have LED modules and Relay modules that help a lot in the end.

My project was in a phone room and was mounted on a 4x8 sheet of plywood, I was not sure how big the project was going to end up, good luck with your project.

I dont think you can go wrong with either way... if I were doing the project I would look at the cabinet layout and total price vs labor to land the I/O, I would also consider the end look of the cabinet, using the ZIP Links for me made it 'look' a lot cleaner in the end so because my project was a wall mounted and was not in a enclosure I wanted the end look to be clean.

For troubleshooting, it made it a lot easier because the breakout board was easier to find the point, they also have LED modules and Relay modules that help a lot in the end.

My project was in a phone room and was mounted on a 4x8 sheet of plywood, I was not sure how big the project was going to end up, good luck with your project.

Thanks for the helpful thoughts!