STUDENTS ATTENTION -- from a student

Little cans flushes

I can see that my exposure to the internals of the mens room will be an exploration into new wondrous things and exciting technoloty.

Will report next week.

Dan Bentler

Doing students work

Mickey

You are NOT supposed to be doing the student (me) work for him.

My Mom had a book entitled the Royal Flush (I think that was the title). Anyway it was a historical treatice on Thomas Crapper. He wan and English plumber who invented the flush toilet. He became the Royal Plumber.

Dan

leitmotif said:
My Mom had a book entitled the Royal Flush (I think that was the title). Anyway it was a historical treatice on Thomas Crapper. He wan and English plumber who invented the flush toilet. He became the Royal Plumber.

Sorry to say, but it seems that book was fiction, Dan... :( (LINK)

beerchug

-Eric

apologies

Sorry if offended you i just do not know or have the confidence to do this and was just looking for help thats all. by the way im not a clown.

richie

No offense

Rich

It was posted to advise other students how to get help from these guys. The guy who "triggered" the original post was a real CLOWN. He almost wanted to be started out at Ohms law thru PLC's. Basically as I said he wanted his homework done for him.

You are nowhere near him.

You actually have first part done start 3 conveyers in a stagger sequence etc etc.

Draw up a flow chart of who starts when and what time it starts.

Do the same for the shutdown.

An Excel table works real well for this. Plug in what you want for inputs and what you want for outputs.
Submit this to them and see what they say - definitely tell them wht PLC and what software you are using.

All they want to see is a guy who is trying.

If they see that they will drown you with help. They LOVE printouts of your logic - so find where to get winzip and learn it.

BTW a practice what you preach -- I gotta learn it.

Dan

Iwondered where retired traffic light monkeys wound up. How do they get them into those little cans?

Three years of flushing on Duracells? I am impressed.

New plc program project - Toilet flusher that flushes when you approach ( to feel better about using it with clean water ) then automatically flushes every 5 minutes, to keep things fresh, get rid of the cigarette ashes, or to wake you up acter you fall asleep, and finally after you get up, finish, and leave.

Three inputs, IR sensor, low paper sensor, and paper out sensor.

Three outputs - flush, low paper warning, paper out alert.

Hey, a use for a 4 in 4 out smart relay, finally!

regards.....casey

project revision design change

Need to add combustilbe gas detector.

Why waste weter to wake em up. Just inject compressed air. Sure got skipper's attention when TC Palmer fouled up blowing sanitary tanks.

for the students struggling with their projects, as well as any other "newbies" that are stuck and need a "hand-up"; take a few sheets of paper, (recycled will do), and a pencil. and list what you want your project to do, in as much detail as you can, and in your preferred sequence of operation. make a list of all components and devices involved in the system, such as limit switches, "ice cube" relays, timers, motors, contactors, etc. after making your lists, sketch out a "home-grown" schematic of your project, in the sequence of operation you want, utilizing your listed components. if you spend some time and thought doing these things with pencil and paper, programming your PLC is much easier, because "what" you want to do and, "how" you want to do it, is already laid out for you. and, later on down the line, when your debugging or troubleshooting a problem that has arisen in your project, those rough notes you made will prove to be invaluable!

take it for what it's worth, from an "old ****",

danatech

hey i was just wondering................

could u please do my assignment for me????

Question 1: State three advantages of a PLC control system over other methods of control.

Question 2: Describe different types of programmable controllers?

Question 3: Draw a block diagram of a typical PLC system and briefly state the function of each sub-module?

Question 4: Describe typical processor operations (Scan cycle)?

Question 5: Sketch the block diagram of control system and briefly explain each part.

thanks!!!!

P.S. this is my grandad he invented the first plc!!!!

LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wind up.jpg

this is probably not a joke, because a good work ethic seems to be old-fashioned, or completely foreign to some. :(

danatech

the new cadillac commercial was good, the depiction of being shot out of a barrel (tunnel), like a bullet (car), but the PSA of the troops returning home to a standing ovation in the airport terminal touched my heart. when i returned home after 25 months in 'nam, i was spit on, called "baby killer", "raper", etc., although i did none of that. but, i would still, to this day, defend the rights of even those who accused me of those dispicable things. Semper Fi, once a marine, always a marine, now and forever.

danatech (grouch)