Connecta S7 300 with VB without OPC Server

contope

DEar All,

I´m trying to develope a little application (like a little Scada) inwich I have to communicate my PC with a PLC Siemens S7 300 via Visual Basic.
I understand I could use an OPC server but is out of muy budget. I read something from "DesertDog" saying it is possible to do it witho out any extra sofware.
COuld any body tell me somthing more about it?
thank you very much

The only free driver for S7 communications is libnodave. All the orther drivers are not free. (Simatic Prodave, Deltalogic, MHJ, etc)

Assuming your S7-300 has an ethernet card, you wouldn't need a canned "driver". A cursory knowledge of sockets would be enough to communicate with VB directly.

Similar Topics

Dear sir, I am using SIMATIC 300, CPU 315-2DP , (6ES7 315-2AF03-0AB0) VIPA 603-1CC21 A1.0 RAM 32KB, Firmware=V4.0.8 The problem Im using MPI...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have a few machines that use Kinetix 300 (each machine has two drives). Both drives on one of the machine keep losing IP address. They...
Replies
Views
Folks, I have a client with an old ABB Advant / MOD300 system (v14.4). Around y2k I installed the ABB Industrial IT MOD300 OPC Server 1.1/2...
Replies
Views
Hi, I received this SIMATIC S7-300 training kit for maintenance. When I power it up, the PLC doesn't go to RUN mode and the STOP mode led is...
Replies
Views
We have a AB Kinet 300 that went bad on us. I bought a new one and put the original memory chip in it. It’s all powered up and showing the ip...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom