Resources for learning ControlLogix Software

wdd0422

Hello Everyone,

I am starting a new job in a couple of weeks and all the PLC's are ControlLogix Controllers. I have not really used Allen Bradley since it was a DOS program. Are the manuals available for free on line or do you need to buy a customer support agreement to get them? If you can get them for free which would be the best to start with and where can I get them? Does the advanced book offered on this site use mainly Allen Bradley examples or is it more general? Can anyone point me to any resources (web sites or book I could purchase or both)where I could start?

Any suggestions are much appreciated
Bill

Every Rockwell Automation publication is available online at no charge from the RA Literature website:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/

My standard bookshelf for ControlLogix includes the three Instruction Set Reference manuals (General, Motion, Process) as well as the network module user manuals (EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, and DeviceNet) and the I/O user manuals (Discrete and Analog).

Call up your local Rockwell Automation distributor and ask for their training schedule. Logix is among the easiest modern control systems to learn, but classes and online materials can accelerate that process significantly.

Thank you Ken. I probably won't be able to go to AB training at least right away but I'll definitely get the manuals and start going over those. I'll be getting some training on site and I can usually get a pretty good start reading the manuals. I just want to prepare as much as I can ahead of time.

Thanks
Bill

Greetings Bill ...

in addition to reading the manuals, you might also be interested in this - from the www.MrPLC.com forum ... personally I haven't tried doing the download - but it sure looks like an interesting way to get your hands on the RSLogix5000 software (free) for 90 days ...

demo5k.JPG

if anyone has tried this before, please answer a quick question for us ... does the demo download version also provide the "Online Books" under the "Help" menu selection? ... if so, that would be an excellent source of reference material for someone trying to learn the system ...

good luck with your new job, Bill ...

(and thank you, Jeff, for the referral) ...