RSlogix 5000 professional

huynt

Dear all.
I have a professional key for RSlogix 5000. Now, I have newest CD RSlogix 5000 software. In label of CD, it have RSlogix 500 enterprise. I can use with professional key or I must to use Professional CD?
Thanks

The Professional key should work to activate the software to the level you have purchased. If you still have problems, I would recommend contacting RA technical support.

Rick

To add to rgurin's reply above, in almost all cases with Rockwell software, you can always install the highest level of software available, and the license key activates certain features.

RSLinx is like that too; Install Linx only, you get RSLinx-Lite, install a license file for OEM, it turns into OEM, install the gateway file, it turns into gateway.

"Enterprise Series" is a label that Rockwell slapped onto the RSLogix 5000 v10 and later editors. I'm not really sure what it was meant to denote, other than the fact that they put the same label on RSView (SE/ME) and the new incarnation of RSLinx at the same time.

In short, it's the same software. Your Professional activation will give you all the language editors.