RX3i & QuickPanel integration

PLBoudette

Hi all,
I'm trying to setup communications between an RX3i PLC and a GE QuickPanel View touchscreen. I have a CPU315 (IC695CPU315) with an Ethernet module (IC695ETM001) set to IP Address 200.200.200.200, Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0, & Gateway IP Address 0.0.0.0. I have set up the QuickPanel View (IC754VSI12CTD) to IP Address 200.200.200.201, same Subnet Mask and Gateway IP Address. I have them set up as 2 targets in the same project. One target named "PLC" and the other as "HMI". In the "HMI" target, I set up the Native driver GE SRTP to point to the PLC target, "PLC". I essentially set up one screen with a text box with a value animation connected to "PLC.AI0001" and a circle with a color animation connected to "PLC.I00001". I've got the QuickPanel connected to the Ethernet Module using a crossover cable and I'm seeing the Ethernet port blink twice approximately every second or so. However, whenever I test the analog or digital input, I do not see any change on the screen. I have tested the inputs and can see them change when connected to the PLC. I'm probably missing something small. Was wondering if anyone had any insight on the thing I'm missing here? This is my first time working with an RX3i and a QuickPanel so they're a little unfamiliar to me. Thanks.

Verify that the "Enable I/O" parameter of the HMI is set to "True"
Be sure to check out the "Use Simulator" parameter also, it can save a lot of time.

EnableIO.jpg

The "Enable I/O" parameter of the HMI is set to "True". Is there any other issue you can think of? It looks like it's communicating. Blinking LED's are always a good sign when dealing with comms. Just seems like I'm missing something minor. Unfortunately, I've never used the "Use Simulator" function. I'll try researching it though.

Do you have the properties of the screen objects set up as PLC Access variables pointing to the proper device driver and I/O address or name if using Symbolics?

Device1.jpg

Looks like the setup for my animations for the HMI graphics are a bit different than the ones I see in your image. When I go to select the variable to be used in the animation, it pulls up, among others, variables that have been set up in the PLC.

untitled.JPG

Locate the variable "PLC.I00001" in the variables list in the project navigator. It should be under the HMI target. Make sure it's using the "Device2" driver, not "Device1".

Device1 is SNP protocol through a serial port. Device2 is SRTP through an ethernet port.

Thanks Steve,
I suggest that you delete any device driver that you are not using they just get in the way. :)