Alarm button blink Factorytalk view ME

aturcotte

Hello!

I'm using studio 5000 V32 and Facktorytalk view ME.

My question is: is there an system tag that tell you if one or more alarm is on? I want to blink my alarm button when one or more alarm is on.

The idea I had was to create a word with my alarms tags, but if there is a simple or embedded way to do this will be nice!

Thank you and have a great day

All of our alarm bits are in a DINT. If the DINT is greater than 0 numerically the Alarm present bit is set. The alarm present bit is what is monitored by the HMI.

Roundabout, but that is how we do it.

Same her we use DINT array and a FAL using a combination of AND and XOR to detect not only Alarm Present but New alarm as well. Use the New alarm to popup a alarm status window and to trigger the alarm horn.

But if you just have one word you can stuff all of your alarm bits in it. But remember if you use bit 31 then you need to use a NEQ 0 not a GRT 0.

My question is: is there an system tag that tells you if one or more alarm is on?

No, That type of logic will need to be designed in the PLC.

I want to blink my alarm button when one or more alarm is on.

There are two System bits for blink. BlinkFast / BlinkSlow

The problem is Push Buttons and Navigation Buttons only have the visibility animation property. You will need to add a rectangle to have a blink object or better yet a multi-state indicator. Which is what I prefer.