Weintek

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
Question on Weintek,Weinview, HMI trouble shooting. I've noticed if I have a bad address on an object it will compile(successful) and download. HMI will
communicate wit PLC in a live test but will flash the "NO PLC Response" bar
most likely because it is looking for an address that doesn't exist or an object, button has been addressed wrong.
My question is there an easy way of finding the objects that are not communicating, I have been creating screens and importing them into a project one at a time to see where my errors are, this can be a pain as well since I have to remove references to screens no imported yet as I test one by one or I import in grouped and still go through each screen if an error shows up
"No PLC Response"
I am even unsure if that only shows up on a page that has an error and not on a good page.
Any one have any insight. Thanks

You can look at the addresses you have in the project by going to the Project Tab, then Address under the Library part of the ribbon bar, from there you may be able to spot the badly formatted address.

I don't think there's a way of finding out which individual one unfortunately.

From memory the No PLC Response will only show up when it tries to access the device/address so if it isn't on a page it shouldn't cause any issues.

If it's narrowed to one screen I'll duplicate the screen then delete all the items and paste them in ~5 at a time, download, and then check for faults.

Usually comes with deleting or renaming plc tags if if was working before. Comparison between current and previous plc projects for differences in tags will usually be a step in the general direction.

This general fault is one of my big dislikes with the backend side. Least that could happen is a red X on the offending object during runtime....

Thanks, I used the Address tab to find some of the miss matched tags and the rest I am importing screens into new project to check. I agree there should be a better way of identifying an object that is not communicating. I cant always be next to a screen to test as I create the HMI, Usually my HMI'S are only a few screens but i am working on one with several hundred screens communicating with 8 ML1400's and is a pain. Getting there though