How to connect an ET200SP in Logix Designer over Ethernet?

dolbeau

Brand new to Allen-Bradley. Trying to connect a Simatic ET 200SP to an Allen-Bradley plc and can't figure out the device configuration. It does not exist in the module type list so I assume it needs to be a generic ethernet module. If that's the case, how do I determine the comm format and connection parameters? If not, what should I be doing instead?

Using:
Studio 5000 Logix Designer V31.00.00
Simatic ET 200SP IM 155-6PN ST

Really obvious question here, but does the IM 155-6PN ST actually support EIP? Siemens IO usually just has ProfiNet (PN, like your part number) and ProfiBus (DP) options.

There was a third party collaboration IM (from SST, i think?) that you could use on ET200S, though.

Lots of the Siemens drives support EIP, the HMIs do, other stuff like RFID does, but the core automation components? Not usually.

Could be that it isn't supported. The manual that I found doesn't mention EIP. In that case I would need a gateway like those offered by anybus and prosoft, correct? Any recommendations?