GE Fanuc 90/30 programming cable

I doubt that an earlier version of LM90 will help.
Are you using a USB/serial converter? Make sure that the COM port it uses matches the one Logicmaster is set to use. Personally I have had mixed results trying to use Logicmaster through a USB/serial converter. I prefer an RS232/RS485 converter.

Personally I have had mixed results trying to use Logicmaster through a USB/serial converter.

I have never been able to get one to work... and have had a few of the USB returned and exchanged for the serial version when they had older PC's and running LM90

Hi All,
Thanks very much for your help. I need an older version for logic master90.
I have v 9.5 and cannot go online with 331 cpu

Best Regards

Check your cable and serial port adress, it's work with LM90 and Proficy. If you use usb/serial converter make sure it's good one.

I have never been able to get one to work... and have had a few of the USB returned and exchanged for the serial version when they had older PC's and running LM90

And I have used that cheater cable since about 1990 when the Series 90 PLC was born. That on nearly every type SNP port GE (GE FANUC) ever supplied and every style and version of programming software available. :p Although I have rarely needed or used a USB to Serial adaptor.
But then some say I'm luckier than most. :geek:
I say that I have been Blessed!

Last edited:
Hi All,
Thanks very much for your help. I need an older version for logic master90.
I have v 9.5 and cannot go online with 331 cpu

Best Regards

You would only need an older version of LM90 if the CPU331 is older than about version 4 and then in most cases it will still connect and upload but not download. If needed I can look that up to get an exact ruling, let us know.

Try this:

Note that it is not approved by GE Fanuc.

9 pin-F 15 pin-M

Rd 2 --------------- 12 SD+(B)

Td 3 --------------- 10 RD+(B')

Sig.Gnd. 5 ---------------- 7 SG

RTS 7 ---| |--- 6 RTS+(B)
CTS 8 ---| |--- 15 CTS+(B')

DTR 4 ---| |--- 8 CTS-(A')
DSR 6 ---| |--- 14 RTS-(A)

Hi Steve,
Does it have any effect for PLC hardware, PC' COM port and programming inside PLC when we use this "cheater" cable?
Thank so much.