Cellular msg instruction polling

bigLee

Hello,

I'm having a bit of trouble with messaging from a central contrologix plc to a remote compactlogix plc. Everything is talking fine. My issue is overwriting.

My central cntlgx has one read to obtain all DINT status arrays. THat's fine. One way traffic. My issue is for some control. I have a panelview HMI at the remote site and a SCADA slide that I have pushing data to the same real registers. These are things like setpoints and speed commands.

It works. I have the timers for the 2 shared data register message instructions staggered a bit. But intermittently you need to keep changing the value on one end until the hit that lapse in timers for the values to stay changed.

Was wondering if anyone has an idea for a resolution to this.

So far I've tried setting a bit when the SCADA page loads to move a value to one of the floats going to the remote site to allow the read instruction there and disable my read on SCADA side but it had some hiccups.

Any ideas are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben