Remote Download - Schneider M340

martin1

Hi all,

I am looking to due some online edits remotely.

I have installed a router onsite connected to the PLC network.

I can access the router OK but unable to go online to the m340 using Unity.

I have port forwarded port 502 on the NAT.

Is there any other settings that I need to change?

I don't work with the Schneider M340, but I would think that without a VPN connection you would not be able to do ONLINE EDITS!

I would think that you would have to be on the same network(thats what a VPN Tunnel does) or the software would not allow edits to be preformed.

That has been my experience with most automation software.

Now with that being said, most routers allow some type of a VPN Tunnel to be configured but has to be configured at both endpoints.

Thank you for your response.
What I have is basically a VPN connection.

I have done this many times with a different manufacturer plc with no issues.
It seems specific to the M340.

Has anyone done something similar using Schneider equipment?

Got connection working 🍺

Hi!

Do you remember what did you do to work? I´m trying to access trough VPN one M340 but isn't possible.

I have other devices like VFDs in the same network and I 'm able to connect 502 port (with Modscan trough VPN) without problem. Just M340 doesn't response.

When we are locally, connection works fine!

Also, I'm able to M340 web page (port 80) trough VPN!

Thanks in advance!