Proface

RY_Guthrie

I have a proface HMI model number pfxsp5b10, it has been damaged somehow and has a blank screen. So I am trying to recover the configuration file from the unit. I am using GP pro x free version, but when I try to transfer the file by lan I get not connected to unit. I have set my pc ip to the same sub net and I can ping the unit successfully. Im wondering does the free version of the software allow you to transfer files from the proface to a pc? Or is there something else wrong? Please see attached pics of screen shots

proface 2.png

Attachments

• proface1.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 4
What exactly has been damaged: the PFXSP5B10 unit or the actual screen? The unit you mention is so-called "power box" which contains all the smarts and which snaps onto the back of a "dumb" touchscreen.

If it is only the screen that was damaged, can you unsnap the power box and snap it to another Pro-face HMI? The size does not matter: the box should work with any SP5000 series Pro-face touchscreen of any size, although the actual application screens would look different due to different screen resolutions, of course.

went through the list, I can ping the unit, I am not getting a firewall pop up but I may try to disable that anyway. I know the ip and it does respond to a ping. thanks for everyone's help.